Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bring the Rain!

Ok, so the title of this post is meant in more than one way. The first way is a pretty light meaning- there have been tons of allergens in the air here in North Texas lately and it's bringing my allergy symptoms back in full force! I feel tired, sneeze all the time, and my throat is itchy (my classic allergy symptoms). I can't go anywhere without having a Kleenex on hand for fear of snot hanging all over my nose and getting on hands (LOL!). Some rain is definitely in order!

The second meaning is that this involves the title of a song I've been obsessed with lately. I've been going through a ton of changes in life lately. I don't like change much because it turns my life upside down and well...I don't like that feeling!
  • Graduating college in December- amazing feeling but that brought changes of its own
    • Looking for a job while applying to grad schools in the meantime
    • Adjusting to said new job because it involves teaching (not a full fledged teacher, but a Compliance Teacher, at least)- my degree is in psychology!
    • Applying to grad schools. In the process I got rejected by one of my top choices, but got accepted to an even better program. 
    • Recently I found out about another option I have for grad school- now I have two places to choose from when I thought my place of grad school was all set. 
    • I still think I'll attend my first place because I have a good feeling in my gut about the place, and it's more prestigious in the school psychology world than the latter option.
  • If I go to the more prestigious option, I have to move and find a new apartment. Finding a new apartment involves looking for a place that accepts a 95 pound lab for rent I can afford (I found one place so far that looks promising, at least!) is proving to be a challenging feat!
    • I also have to find furniture to furnish said apartment
    • I also have to find a way to pay for said prestigious school- the tuition isn't cheap! I'm saving all my money and am thankfully getting a graduate assistantship from the school. Unfortunately, it doesn't pay for all tuition- boo hiss! Oh well.
  • The priest at my church sent a truly appalling message in the weekly message this week and it angered me enough to where I am no longer attending that church. Now I have to look for another church. I know I don't "need" to go to church to get closer to God, but I feel like it is an integral part of my life that I am now wanting to give up just yet.
I know eventually all the changes will smooth out. Everything happens for a reason. Now I leave you with some things that are helping me stay positive through the changes. Odd enough, I feel even closer to God through all the stressful changes. All the stress is making me have no choice but to lean on Him and pray. It's all making me feel very connected with God. See, good things come out of any situation!

*Disclaimer: To those who do not believe in God, please don't interpret this as me pushing my beliefs on anybody or getting "preachy". This is what I believe and what has worked for me, and everyone has the right to their own beliefs. If you don't believe as I do, then that is just fine with me! No judgment to other beliefs here :)*

"...but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." [Romans 5:3-8]


"In all things God works for the good of those who love him and who have been called according to His purpose." [Romans 8:28]


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight." [Proverbs 3: 5-6]


"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." [Shakespeare] (I can't be afraid to be great, because all this will make me better in the end, even though in this case it's being "thrust" upon me)

And...a music video to sum up my feelings about the changes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment