So I've seen a couple posts around the blogging world and thought I would try to share 100 things about me (that hopefully don't backfire! haha).
1. Whoever did my mom's ultrasound when she was pregnant with me said I was going to be a boy. They were wrong, needless to say.
2. The same thing happened with my boyfriend, except vice versa. Weird how that works, huh?
3. I was born on my due date.
4. My parents had to pay me in quarters so I would stop sucking my thumb.
5. Both mine and Court's parents were married in February.
6. This makes me want a February wedding when the day comes for me to get married :)
7. I never met my paternal grandfather.
8. I have never had to deal with the grief of losing a family member. My dad's parents died when I was too young to remember them or know what death was (I was 3 when they died).
9. My dad wanted to have 6 kids but my parents couldn't get pregnant again.
10. This means I'm an only child.
11. I was never spoiled like a lot of only children are. I had to work for what I wanted.
12. I'm also an only grandchild for my maternal grandparents.
13. I'm the shortest person in my family.
14. I've been the same height since I was 14.
15. My shoe size has shrunk over the last (almost) 2 years.
16. I graduated as the Outstanding December 2010 Graduate of the Psychology department :)
17. I didn't like kids until I started my job 3 months ago.
18. I think I actually like kids better than adults now. LOL!
19. I've been craving Terra, a kickass Mediterranean restaurant, for the last 2 months. What's a girl gotta do to satisfy her craving?
20. Labrador Retrievers (I just call them labs) are my favorite dog in the world!
21. I believe all mistakes are worthwhile as long as you learn the lessons they give.
22. Sometimes I entertain the thought of being full on vegetarian...
23. But then I remember I like to eat meat :)
24. I only eat meat about once a day.
25. I've been with Court for 3 years and almost 2 months.
26. I just tried to play a bad April Fool's joke on Facebook.
27. The joke involved changing my relationship status to "single".
28. It lasted for about 5 minutes, tops.
29. I'm a terrible liar.
30. And apparently I'm bad at April Fool's jokes.
31. I feel like I connect with God best through music.
32. I try to remember to pray every day, but oftentimes I forget to.
33. Listening to positive music makes me feel more connected to God than when I pray.
34. I'm thinking about being confirmed Catholic someday.
35. I was raised in the Episcopal church and now attend an Anglican church (which is a lot like the Catholic church).
36. I've never changed a baby's diaper.
37. I don't think I could ever change anyone's diaper besides my own (future) children and grandchildren.
38. Dolphins have always been my favorite animal.
39. I watch iCarly and discuss it regularly with my 1st grade kiddos.
40. I love love love to cook!
41. Sometimes I contemplate going to culinary school when I'm older and have the money.
42. I like school.
43. I want to get my PhD someday and become a college professor after becoming an expert in my field.
44. I so desperately hope I get into my master's program(s) I applied for!
45. I play the piano.
46. I also play all percussion instruments.
47. I got a queen bed for my college graduation present from my grandparents. Best gift ever!
48. I miss my old college town.
49. Every time I drive into it, I feel like I'm coming home.
50. My boyfriend is also my best friend.
51. I knew he was the one I was meant to be with even before I fell in love with him.
52. I also knew that before we even started officially dating!
53. Our first date was seeing Juno in theaters January 2008.
54. His car was acting weird so I had to drive us on our first date!
55. Don't worry, he paid for the movie tickets :)
56. Over the years, I have learned to be more optimistic.
57. I used to be the negative pessimist who assumed the worst.
58. Court is the one I owe my newfound optimism to.
59. Life is so much better seeing the brighter side of things.
60. My favorite TV show is The Big Bang Theory.
61. My favorite characters on iCarly are Gibby and Spencer.
62. My first ever spanking was for lying to my dad when I was 4 years old.
63. I not-so-secretly hope that Jesus will come to get us (yes, I'm a Christian and this is my own personal belief- that's all!) before I have to lose anybody I love.
64. The first person I lost in my life that I cared about was an old high school friend who died in a car accident in August 2010.
65. He was driving drunk :(
66. Ironically as I was driving off from his funeral, I got in my first car accident.
67. If I was going to be a boy, my first name was going to be Matthew and my middle name was going to be Christopher.
68. My middle name is the same as my mom's.
69. I know my grandma is mad at me when she uses my first AND middle name to address me.
70. Although I am my own person and march to the beat of my own drum...
71. I really hate disappointing people.
72. I can't stand it when I disappoint my parents.
73. Almost to the extent that I'm a "parent pleaser".
74. If Paula Deen was my mom or grandma, I would weigh 300 pounds. LOL!
75. I wish I had a group of girlfriends like they have in Sex and the City.
76. I'm perfectly content sitting at home with my dog.
77. I don't like big parties.
78. At work, I like things to be inconsistent because...
79. It makes the job more fun not knowing what to expect day-to-day!
80. In life, I like consistency.
81. I hate change.
82. My relationship with change is love-hate, but mostly hate.
83. I've never had a healthy perspective/relationship with food.
84. I'm trying to learn how to have that.
85. I've always struggled with my weight.
86. I have to have to HAVE TO get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
87. If I don't, I get cranky.
88. I'm starting to become addicted to Starbucks.
89. The first thing Court ever said to me was "Did you go to Hawaii?"
90. I was wearing a t-shirt I got as a souvenir from my visit to Hawaii as a high school graduation gift from my parents.
91. In response to that question (which I perceived as kind of a dumb question, haha) I said "uhhh...yeah...."
92. I still sleep with stuffed animals.
93. I can't wrap my head around the thought that running a marathon is something (some) people do for FUN.
94. I don't drink (alcohol).
95. Water is my favorite drink (seriously!).
96. My favorite drink to order in a restaurant is unsweetened iced tea.
97. I like lemon in my water, but not my tea.
98. I like orange juice, but not oranges.
99. I think Brussels Sprouts and celery are the two most vile tasting things on Earth.
100. This was way easier than I thought it would be.
If you read this, my hat goes off to you! If you read it, what was the thing(s) you found most entertaining?