The breakfast cookie involves the following ingredients:
- 1/3 cup oats, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of your choice (I used extra crunchy peanut butter for mine)
- 1/2 scoop of protein powder (I used some sort of chocolate protein powder that my mom had in the pantry)
- 1/8 cup of milk of your choice (I used fat free milk because that's the only milk we have at the house)
- Mix-in(s) of your choice (I used 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 2 teaspoons of allspice, and 3 packets of splenda with the added 1 gram of fiber per packet)- I've also heard that chocolate chips and bananas are really good in this!
- In a small bowl, mix the oats, nut butter, and protein powder until crumbly
- Stir in milk until blended in
- Add mix-in(s) of your choice and stir until blended in
- Transfer mixture to a small plate and flatten (with the back of your spoon) into a round shape with equal thickness all around
- Refrigerate overnight and enjoy for breakfast in the morning!
I can't wait to try mine! The picture makes it look gross, what with the color combination (brown from the choc. protein powder, tan-ish from the peanut butter, and orange from the pumpkin). I really need to work on making food pretty! I'm one who doesn't care how it looks as long as it tastes good, though :) I tasted a spoonful just to make sure it tasted good (I didn't want to eat some crappy-tasting cookie for breakfast in the morning, especially because I don't have much time to eat breakfast) and it tasted AWESOME! I got a small taste of the peanut butter, chocolate, and the pumpkin/allspice/splenda mixture. It was like pumpkin pie in the form of a (wet) oatmeal cookie.
This recipe makes 1 cookie. In my recipe builder, this came out to 7 Weight Watchers points. Enjoy if you decide to make this!