Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Accent Vlog (way overdue!)


The Accent Vlog: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  • What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you say to address a group of people?
  • What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
  • What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?


Ok everybody, here is my accent vlog. I know this is kind of "old news" since these were done a couple weeks ago but I thought this would be fun. It was a royal PITA (pain in the a$$) to finally get working because my webcam software was acting up. BUT I finally got it to work and here is my accent!

A lot of people here in TX say I don't have a Southern accent but people from up North usually say different, haha. My family is from east TX so I kind of picked up on their accents. If you think my accent is Southern, you "ain't seen nothin' yet" (to sound all Texan haha)- my family has it way thicker than I do! I'm also very tired so my accent really comes out when I'm tired.

What do you think? Did I sound like you expected? If not, what were you expecting (more/less of an accent, a deeper or higher voice, etc.) to hear? If I sounded like what you expected, what were you expecting to hear (I sound different to myself than I probably sounded to you)?

4 comments:

  1. I plan to do this later today - after I shower and look less like a gym rat - if I can figure out my webcam! I think I have more of a NY accent than I realize.

    After living down in NC for two years, the Texan accent doesn't seem to extreme...but two years ago, I prolly would have had a laugh over it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you didn't find my accent too thick haha. I have a friend from Ohio who always says I have a very thick accent, but she probably hasn't ever talked to someone from east TX haha. That's an even thicker accent! I'm about to go check yours out :)

    What did you think of my accent?

    ReplyDelete