The Accent Vlog: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Ok everybody, here is my accent vlog. I know this is kind of "old news" since these were done a couple weeks ago but I thought this would be fun. It was a royal PITA (pain in the a$$) to finally get working because my webcam software was acting up. BUT I finally got it to work and here is my accent!
A lot of people here in TX say I don't have a Southern accent but people from up North usually say different, haha. My family is from east TX so I kind of picked up on their accents. If you think my accent is Southern, you "ain't seen nothin' yet" (to sound all Texan haha)- my family has it way thicker than I do! I'm also very tired so my accent really comes out when I'm tired.
What do you think? Did I sound like you expected? If not, what were you expecting (more/less of an accent, a deeper or higher voice, etc.) to hear? If I sounded like what you expected, what were you expecting to hear (I sound different to myself than I probably sounded to you)?