Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm a bad blogger :(

Sorry for being such a bad blogger, guys! I've been super busy at work and by the time I get home I'm either too zonked out to post or I'm busy doing some other activity that isn't internet related. Working with first graders all day means no internet until I get home from work.

What has been going on since my last post?
  • I celebrated my 3 year anniversary with Court on February 10th. He gave me an awesome Blu-ray player and a blu-ray movie to watch on it. I can't wait to set it up with my TV! He is truly the best person I know and is my best friend. I couldn't ask for a better man to spend 3 years and counting with :)
  • I've been eating super unhealthy lately and am starting to think I need restriction when it comes to losing weight. I love the mentality of WW where you can eat what you want but in moderation, but I don't think it's for me. I need MUCH more structure.
  • I'm going to sign up for Healthy Lifestyle Secrets with my school this week (they start the program together later this week). The "diet" is really restrictive at first and gradually adds in more foods, and I hear it's set up to where you lose more fat than with other diets. I'm excited to try it to see if this will be the structure I need.
  • My previous post was the first day it snowed in Texas for 2011...it snowed some more for 3 more days and I had all the rest of that week off work. It snowed AGAIN February 9th and I got that day off work, too. What's up, Texas?
  • The weather is FINALLY warming up! For the last 3-4 weeks, it's been 20s-30s every morning and I am NOT a fan of that. Today it is mid-70s and sunny- a perfect day to me!
  • I realized that I look better when I wear less makeup. Win-win, right?
  • I started a photography class and am learning a lot!
  • I did my first 5k last Sunday! I walked it with my parents, who asked me to sign up with them. I would have jogged some of it, but I was nice and walked with my parents. What a great way to start the day :)
  • I'm starting to make a difference with one of the kiddos in my class! I sympathize with the students who are a little slower on the uptake with school work so I try to help them out more. I'm still lost as all get out in the job (at least, I feel like it- people say I'm doing a good job for being so new to the job though!) but I love the kids I work with. On Friday as I was leaving, all 27 kids in the class gave me a hug. I had kids surrounding the whole circumference of my body. It seriously melted my heart and was the highlight of my day! It's the little things, right?
I've  been thinking about doing one of those accent vlogs soon because it's fun listening to everybody's accents! Knowing me, I'll be too lazy to do that :)

I leave you with some fun pictures :)

Marshall just LOVED the snow while it lasted! Didn't my dad get a great action shot of him?

Drinking a Grande Skinny Caramel Macchiato with an extra shot of espresso before the 5K

My dad got another cute picture of Marshall in the snow. Isn't he so photogenic? He's even cuter in person :)

How has everybody been lately? Any juicy gossip to share? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment