Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SNOW!!! and February Goals

Well, North Texas got to kick off the first day of February with snow (yes, REAL snow!!) and the school district I work for shut down today so I get an extra day to rest and recover from this nasty cold! We Texans are gigantic babies when it comes to snow, it's quite ridiculous. Everything pretty much shuts down even if we get just an inch of snow. I know, it probably sounds pathetic. BUT 100 degree days are nothing to us whereas people up North think that's like a sauna, so I guess it evens out :) I feel almost 100%, but it was nice to get an extra day to rest. There is no such thing as rest where I work, so this was almost like it was sent from the big man upstairs :)


This is the snow that shut down all North Texas schools and a lot of places of work. It may not look like much to people who see more snow, but to me this is awesome!!

I slept in until 9am (and to think I used to think 9am was waking up early...LOL) and had a nice hot bowl of oatmeal with 1/2 C canned pumpkin, some cinnamon, allspice, a squeeze of agave nectar, and a small spoonful of peanut butter. YUM!

Now, to preface my February goals. Today, I dropped my membership to WW Online because it just doesn't feel right for me right now. I don't really have a good reason other than counting points is just not my thing. I'm thinking about trying the program my parents have been doing called Healthy Lifestyle Secrets. You don't count calories/points and it teaches portion control and healthy eating. Best part is that I don't have to pay for it because my parents have all the information about the program from their work places doing it for the staff.

February Goals
  • Eat sensibly and not gain any weight (hopefully lose some weight in the process)
  • Find a way of eating that works for me
  • Save my money as much as possible- don't spend more than $100 a month in "luxuries" I don't need
  • Keep learning more effective ways to help my first grade kiddos so I can help as much as possible!
  • Read at least one book
What are your February goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment