Saturday, December 4, 2010

Weekend "treats"

So last night I went for sushi with my boyfriend and another couple who we are both good friends with (hooray for double dates!) and I had planned out my points to have 2 rolls of sushi and still be within my DP's. However, temptation got the better of me and I had a piece of cheesecake. Granted, I didn't have the whole piece (the boyfriend ate a few bites as well in addition to his dessert).

Today, however, has been kind of a fail with nutrition. For breakfast, I had leftover spaghetti (with tomato sauce) and 1 and a half pieces of bread. Why spaghetti for breakfast, you ask? Because I was too lazy to cook something and spaghetti just sounded good. As if that amount of carbs wasn't enough to start off my day, I then had a patty melt for lunch at a local burger joint with my dad (he came in town to visit me- yes, my family rocks for visiting me!). One good thing that came from that was I was only able to eat one teeny-tiny onion ring out of the order of onion rings I ordered on the side of my already greasy, cheese patty melt. I still have 2 points left for the day and I'm so full I'll probably be too stuffed to eat anything else all day.

I promise my rambling about my poor food choices today has a purpose. My point is that right now, all I want to do is lay down and take a nap because of the carb overload from today's food choices. I feel full and lethargic when lately I have usually felt energetic and just satisfied (not full). I learned a lesson today that I had long forgotten- eat the right foods, and I feel SOOOOOO much better than when I eat food void of real nutritional value.

On the bright side, I have tracked everything I've eaten today and have not gone over my daily points (DP's) at least. I tracked it, and my next meal will without a doubt be full of nutritional value. So far, the only GHG's I've gotten in have been all my water (I drink water like it's nobody's business), 1 serving of veggies (I had about 1/2 cup of grilled onions on that patty melt of mine at lunch), one serving of dairy (from the cheese on the patty melt), a protein (from the beef in the patty melt), and my multivitamin. I'm short 4 fruits/veggies (need at least 5 servings a day) and my healthy oils (2 tsp) for the day, and a serving of WHOLE GRAIN. I've definitely had my bread for the day, but it was white bread and not whole grain :( At least I've gotten in SOME GHG's (good health guidelines), but it would have been nice to get in more. However, right now I'm more focused on staying within my DP's at this point. Hopefully as long as I minimally use my WP's (weekly points), I'll lose that gain I had this week and plus some.

The weekends are the only time I allow myself to have treats (for the most part) and this was my last treat of the weekend. For the rest of the week, it will be nothing but nutritionally dense foods that will help me lose weight!

I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend full of healthy eating and all that jazz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment